There is is so much to talk about and so little time to do it - it's the middle of the night here, and I have a headache you wouldn't believe .... but I've had about 5 hours sleep so I thout I'd hop on for a bit.
First - and rather important, I don't know what I have talken so long to tell you - MARLOWE MURDER CLUB, Seson 3 ha begun to play on PBS .... they have, amazingly, seemed to have SHORTENED the amount of "non-commercial commercials" at the beginning (I'm sorry, no natter how you look at them, they are in fact commercials)
They are again following the two-episdoe story arch as they did last year .... I'm not so sure I enjoy it.
Yeah, you find out who the killer is sooner, but there just seems to be a lack of tension there ... you know?
Episodes 1&2 - dealt with the death of the local MAYOR of the city .... Suzie goes to the city council meeting with a complaint about them closing bridges in the area for some reason - I didn't catch on to why they were doing it, but it bothered her - and the mayor makes a cup of coffee and PUFF he's dead.
It fell flat. What I found most interesting - and I found out about it when I went to IMDb.com to look up the new series .... it turns out, that if you are a Dr. Who fan you might lie this one .... not only does it have Suzie - who played one version of the Dr - but it also has Peter Davidson!
Mr. Davidson, took over the job from Tom Baker in the 80's .... personally, I didn't like his as a Doctor Who guy, but I did enjoy him as Tristan in the ORIGIANL verion of All Creatures Great and Small from the 70s/80s - I don't remember which, I'm gonna guess the 70s because I seem to recall wattching it as a child .... Any ways - I did NOT recognize him at first, then after reading that, he was all I could see really - and, no, he was not the murderer.
Episodes 3&4 0 Becks is directly involved in the murder case, that is she's a suspect! So she gets her credientials pulled for being a memeber of the civilian helpers for a bit. Seems Becks is having a reunion with a grou of old college friend, by the sounds of it, they have rented an old house - like an old Britsh Lord's place, smallish castle like - they begin a game of WhoDunIt .... that's where you pretend there's been a murder and you try to solve it .... well, during the game there really is a murder!
So there are 2 episodes left .... I don't know if I like this style or not. To many kllling and not enough tension, really. I mean - at least with the 6-8 episodes series, you have a chance to "stew" over everything you've learned that week, take time to piece it together ... you actually get to pretend you are one of the detectives. 2 episodes? Why not simply put it into a 2-hour special and call it done.
Maybe the half way mark 3-4 episodes is the weay to go.
Okay - so you can see how long this post is ....
+++++++
Buckle up - this is a long post, but I need the room on my phone .... LOL
+++++++++++
Now let's talk Finger Nail Polish .... I know I just lost a bunch of people, but it's kind of important ... is it RACIST or not??
Well, I'm betting that caught your attention.
There was a story on Outnumbered (FNC) where they had the subject being bantered about if wearing nail polish was or wasn't .... and it dawned on my ...
OMG - we have totally LOST th meaning of the word RACISM ...
They had the following quotes from a "Beauty Journalist" (okay, really, what do your qualifications have to be fore that?)
" .... really promotes blankness and this kind of sameness and araure of culture and identity that is so important to black and brown communitites: ....
"They are often called elegant or tasteful, and these are often used=ually euphemisms that peretuate white suremacyist standards of beauty."
TThen from an Irish TV presenter on the nail situaton ...
" I heard myself sai=ying to people: 'Ugh, my god, I have to go and get my nails done =.' ... "and I thought : ' I probably don' need to do this anymore"'."
Um, there are certain jobs which you are FORBIDDEN to wear nail polish - in hospitals, school lunch counters, bakeries (my daugher is a baker, so I know this one is a fact), as a Stay-At-Home mom, I rarely took time to polish my nails.
But as a newscaster/presenter, I'm going to guess they encourage you to do it, as a business person (from secetary to exec) you are going to want to present yourself in the best light possible.
Nail polish is\\\\\\\ NOT racist.
You can buy a bottle of it for about $2 at Walmart and do it yourself. I do not like the UV light ones, myself, my daughter has done those on me a couple of times, and they really don't last any longer than the old-fashioned enamal/lacqer nail from the 60's-90's .... if you find nail polish in my house these days, it's because it has a whole different use than going on my fingers !
I use it to water-proof matches, stop a run in cheap knit fabrics, stop a rope/ribbon end from unraveling, I've even used it as a form of GLUE ...
The plaine fact is, people these days are LOOKING for reasons to get made/angry at other people .... so they grasp for something they imagine people want but the few people they've seen don't seem to have it.
THIS is NOT racism at all .... it's a personal choice!
++++++
Okay, so now let's get into a couple things - you might notice my writing being jumbled, or letters missing from words .... my eyes-sight has taken a real dump this year, not sure why ... some days are better than others, but it seems to be linked to how much sleep I've gotten, and what I have had to drink .... and the length of may fingernails ... LOL ... I tend to either hit a WRONG KEY with my long nails, or I don't hit hard enough.
Please forgive me - If I spot an error, I do try to fix it.
++++++++++
Now, there's a story coming out of New England side of the US .... about a case of RAPE which was reported some 4 years ago.
A gal was invited to a frat party and was forced, according to her, to drink and take Ketomine - isn't that the drug that killed the guy from "Frinds"? - and then they raped her ....
The local police, being the "detectives" that they were, let the guys go with a slap on the wrist, saying - basically - that it was a she said, they said situation.
The school/college, took it seriously enough to SUSPEND the fraternity from their campus.
Now, she has a new laywer by they sounds of it, and is going after them again.
She had delivered to the police THE NIGHT SHE REPORTED THE CRIME some SnapChat posts which she had taken screen shots of ... where the guys who did this to her, INVITED other guys to join in ....
OMG!!!!!
There will be a seperate post on this later but I just wanterd to get this out there now before it got aways from me.
You have to wonder about what the heck passes for Campus Security these days - she handed them PROOF in b&w, by their own hands, and sill nother got done.
And this is why so many cases of rape go unreported in the USA.
+++++++++++++
And then there's the world weather situation - wow, I keep catching my nails on my keys - there's an extra stron El Nino brewing in the Pacific ocean and it is cause hurricane after hurricane to develope.
And this tie it is sending Hurricane Polo (*has been a large as a cat 5 at a COUPLE of points) into Baja California, Mexico .... yeah, it's a part of Mexico, no the USA even though it's called California ... but that's a whole different post ... and it will continue on into AZ and NM, and across into the central USA.
It's gonna cause a LOT of issues for Tx especially.
If you remember Hurricane Henry from earlier in the century, ou ===you likely are remembering the people wading through CHEST DEEP WATERS .... yikes ... yeah, well, those floods are coming back, I'm afraid.
And the rest of the northern states are going to get a bit of it too, just not in quite the same amounts - so keep an eye on your weatherman ... I suggest "RyanHallY'all" on Youtube, he seems to be very accurate.
++++++++++++++
Well that's it for now .... I have a bunch more about politics and such but I've got to get some sort of sleep tonight .....
Be sides which, my head is killing me, and now my back hurts too from doing all this typing .... LOL.
Getting old sucks rocks .... but it's a privaledge denid to many ... so, I'll take it.


No comments:
Post a Comment