May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

THAT'S QUITE THE COMBINATION THERE!

I had a father who fought in World War 2 ... his job was to khelp Repatriot the men from one of the Polish concentration camps (not Auschwitz) because he could speech a bit of the language - he was second generation American - and he never told me a thing about this work ... ... I don't even know if my brothers knew, but by the time I was born, he rarely talked about it ...

Until my daughter interviewed him for a report she had to give on the veterans of the family ... and she asked about the one thing they could never forget about their experience ...

I honestly thought it would be about the friends he had made ... the scenerie where he had been .... anything but what he came up with ...

His was .... the men standing at the barbed wire, "thinner than the clothes they had on", his words, not mind ... he began to cry ... my father had only cried twice before that I knew of - both were at funerals, one of my brothers, and my mothers - but that was it.

I remember when I was growing up ... one of the kids at school said the Holocaust wasn't real ... I wish I had known about what my dad had done, I could have set them straight - but I had mentioned it when I got home and dad said if it wasn't real than what did he go to war for?
He said it was real ... and I believed him - I never doubted it.

Ma had told me that he was in the group that shook hands with the Russians in Berlin .... there's a photo out there someplace, but I don't think my father is in it.

So - when I saw this story about the valedictorian at USC being cancelled due to "racism" by the school, I listened up ... 
The university insists that it has nothing to do with race, gender, religious beliefs, or free-speech issues ...

It has to do with SAFETY ....

Okay, fine ... I can see that.
She wears a hijab, so I assume she is muslim ... and there's a LOT of anti=Israel stuff going on ... I do believe the school on this one though - they have cancelled people before but, it seems like, its usually the conservative ones ....

My understanding is .... the person with the HIGHEST CPA in the school, gets to be Valedictorian ... but I got my egree in MN not CA .... so I suppose they could simply vote for the peoson .... but that would be .... weird.

Then they went over what her degrees were in ...

Major: BIO-ENCGINEERING
Minor: RESISTANCE TO GENECIDE

Thus the reason for my telling you about my father ... and what he lived through ... you see ...

While most of my friends had parents who were in the Korean or even the Viet Nam wars, very few had parents who lived through both the Great Depression AND World War 2 ...
But even then ... they could talk to their grandparents, who very likely were kids during WW2 ....

Then it dawned on me ...

It has been almost 80 years since WW2 happened ....
All those horrors ....

It has been a LONG TIME since they have released a movie which actually looks at what went on over there -- during the absolutely BLACKEST time in history of the world ...

It makes me wonder .... if they aren't teaching about World War 2 any longer in schools??

Why else would there be a course of studies about "Genocide"?? or rather the Resistance to Genocide?

Then I thought ... why do they have to teach kids NOT to kill? 
I have a degree in Child Psychology -- this is actually an INSTINCT not to kill your own species ... killing those of your own kind, must be taught.
We are hardwired to keep the HUMAN SPECIES going .... unless your a sociapath

What the heck are the kids being TAUGHT these days???

But I've got to say ...

If she was having any bad thoughts ... she's got an education that will make it happen ...

BIO-ENGINEERING: The same degree held by those who designed the C-19 "problem" (don't want to gett cancelled myself) ... 
RESISTING GENOCIDE: Well, that can be used to disguise any specific genocidal act ... in theory ...

But I'm going to hope that she is NOT the type of person who would do anything so horrid.

Peace be with HER and with you.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets