May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

OBITUARY: DOLLY PARTON, DEAD AGE 80

OMG 0 so I was listening to the Garage Logic to day when they - the guys of GL - popped on with the news that Dolly Parton had died.
Now they had said she died earlier this year, so I was kind of skeptical ... so I hit FB ... well, I have old, and I mean old technology, so it took a bit to find it = posted from out local station, bu just the one news station ....
kind of surprising since she is so well known.
But - I just saw it on The Five on FNC ... so sad.
They began talking about little girls named JOLENE after her song .... and I thought - wow, how many kids have been called Joleene (first, middle, nicknamed) ?

Y'all -- Jolene was a hooker!!!

Plain and simple - she even said so

So all you out there calld Jolene - you better think of changing your name.
But I got me thinking - what's the FIRST SONG you think of when you thought of when you heard Dolly had passed away?
I'm going to guess most people thought of JOLENE or 9 TO 5 .... or even HE'S ALIVE for some ....
I thought of this: 

Goodbye Dolly 0 you will live on for a few more decades then you will be like Hank Williams, Pats Cline, and Loretta Lynn .... just music in the wind.
We will miss you though - you had a great talent, and an even better sense of humor.





No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets