If you need a bigger clue as to how big Dolly's death was - she completely push Tim Curry off the news cycle .... he also passed on 2026Aug25
Wow - if you don't know who he was, you are either really young or totally out of touch ....
In 1975, he starred in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. he played Dr. Frankfurter, the Transvestite ... and while he wasn't the first man to dress as a woman, he is likely one of the most famous. I was (am) as straight lace as they come, and even I knew who hee was in high school.
If you are younger than that, you might remember him from Home Alone 2, where he played the Consierge who tries to catch the kid in the room alone. (yeah, I know I spelled that wrong)
He lent his voice to a LOT of cartoons/animated movies as well .... including Star Wars stuff
And he even appeared in Cranford on Masterpiece Theater/PBS
In 2012 he had a major stroke which put him in a wheelchair - but it did not effect his speech so he was still able to work.
We will miss you Tim ... I remember you mostly from The Molly Dodd show, where you played her ex-husband who moves in the hotel she runs.
He never married, never had children - but no explanation as to why ... I always thought he was gay/homosexual, but I have no real idea.Nor should it matter.


No comments:
Post a Comment