May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!

 Harris Faulkner said something hat truly offends me ... and that says a lot ...

While talking about how much money is being spent under the Biden administration she said:
        "He spends like an out of control housewife."

What does that mean??

Housewives generally have a better idea of what'soing on with the household budget than those who are working ..
They need to keep a budget To The Penny, in many cases
They know who's going to be where when (even if only in a general sense)
They will usually be the one keepin g an eye on everyone's health ...
And many are even in charge of balancing the checkbook and savings accounts.

And - no - not all "housewives" are in influential houses either - they are across all economic levels ... some have the position out of design, some without a choice because they don't have jobs in their general area.

But to make the assumption ... or implication ... or inferance .... that a person who is a housewife over spends ...

That would be like assuming that because someone is a politican that they are crooks & liars ... I know several politicians (granted they are local politicians) who are wonderful people.
Or like saying just because you're a lawyer your not trustworhy - I know a couple lawyers and they seem okay too.
Or that if you drive a pick-up you must be a redneck .... I know several people with trucks and it varied -- the ones I knew in my youth, yeah, they were pretty much red-necks, but as an adult - naw, they have to trucks because they can haul a lot of crap around, but the people are good guys, but not Good Ol' Boys, if you know what I mean.

It just shocked me that SHE would say that .... I always thaought she was more tolerant than that.

And I've gotta say ...
If you're a housewife, you know the feeling of going some place and being asked "what do you do for a living?" and then getting "oh, so you're just a housewife" ....

Grrrrrr.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets