May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Monday, September 30, 2024

R.I.P DAME MAGGIE SMITH

I cannot believe this -- I haven't seen a WORD about this on Good Morning America this morning .... I'm really beginning to question the Disney Corporation ....

Dame Maggie Snith - known to most children as "Mrs. McGonagall" passed away on Friday 27Sept2024 ...

I found out about it while watching a PBS show, Ridley, this weekend - it opened with a small placard ...
I suppose from the PBS system, because she had nothing to do with the show itself ...

I could see them not mentioning it on Friday ... since I don't know when on Friday sfirshe had passed away - perhaps after the show, or slightly before ...
Or maybe, and actually more likely, the press wasn't informed until afterwards ...

But if PBS could get a placard made by Sunday night - surely ABC, owned by Disney Corp, could have gotten an announcement in the first hour of their news broadcast - even during the sceond hour media gossip section, I didn't hear a thing about it!!

So sad .... she was a part of so many of our lives for so long ... and while the youth might remember her as McGonagall ... 

I will treasure her as Lady Violet Grantham from Downton Abbey ...

So to honor her - here is a video i FOUND on YouTube ...

again .... NOT MY VIDEO ...
I will likely add more videos as I find them.

\\\

I knew Maggie Smith had a long career, but I forgot most of these!



No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets