May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Friday, May 09, 2008

I'm in the wrong business

Okay so daughter had a choncert at school yesterday and afterwards we went to 'Cold Stone Creamery' who moved into our area in the last year -- well okay we noticed it there this summer.

we got a bowl of ice cream - that is about maybe 2 cups (supposed to be 12 oz)? maybe less ... it was there "gotta have it" size; kids got the "love it" size (1 cup size)... anyways we could NOT believe the prices!

$5 for the 1 cup size and $6 for the 12 oz size -- so for our family we wound up spending over $30 on ice cream! Wouldn't have been so bad if it had actually been worth the money.
Don't get me wrong ... I'm not putting down the company ... I'm not a big Ice Cream eater - in fact other than strawberry and peppermint bon-bon I don't like it at all.

but out ice cream had chips of ice in it ... not crystals of ice - flat slabs on ice. It could have occurred during the mixing process as the gal (who put on a GREAT show, wish I had gotten video for you) had to dip the ice cream paddles in warm water to clean them.

It was really nice to see them work stuff into the ice cream, but the presence of the ice just pulled it all down for me .., well that and the Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate didn't have as strong of a mint taste as I was expecting.

we got Strawberry Blonde for my older daughter and I got a taste of it -- that tasted like a strawberry cheesecake. I wasn't sure that the caramel would work with it, but it didn't taste bad (at least not the bit I got).

They have got to be cleaning up in the money dept.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets