May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Monday, April 02, 2018

Oklahoma Teacher

Oklahoma teacher straight


I don't understand the position of the Oklahoma teachers – they got a $6000 a year raise, and they're still out on strike


If they get paid 52 weeks out of the year, this comes to roughly $2.88 an hour pay raise

If they only work nine months out of the year (36 weeks) it's a little more than $4 an hour raise


This is what I don't understand – if you're getting more than a dollar an hour raise, why would you still be protesting?


It just doesn't make sense to me, but if you are getting more than $.50 an hour raise… Which is still a really good pay hike… Why you would still be fussing up and going on strike


Granted, I do not know the cost of living in Oklahoma state. I do not know what the average wages for a teacher in Oklahoma. I do not know what the average raise is for a minimum wage worker in Oklahoma state. So I admit there is a lot I do not know


But considering that the tax money that pays the teachers, comes from the people who live in the school districts, a portion of it comes from the state legislature where everyone in the state pays, I have to wonder what The wage scale is in Oklahoma


If Joe six pack who pays the majority of the taxes in the school district is only earning a portion of what the teacher earns… Meaning that the teacher earns either more than or the same as your taxpayer in the district… Then it makes sense that they're only getting a $6000 raise.


If however the majority of the people in the school district are making three times as much as the average teacher… Meaning that it's an out rages swing between with the teachers are making and your taxpayer… Then I can understand the teachers being upset


But from what I saw on CNN, it sounds like there's a fight going on between the teachers union and the oil barons in Oklahoma… That is they (The teachers union)  want to tax the oil barons more so that the teachers can get paid more – not realizing that's not the way the budget is worked out ... and I would kind of expect more than that from a group of educators


I guess we all just sit back and wait and see what happens… And watch the wave as that sweeps across the nation


No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets