May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Monday, April 22, 2024

HUSH MONEY ... IS IT ILLEGAL, OR DOES IT DEPEND?

Likely you have seen on the news about the NY vs. Trump Trial going on, which is supposed to be looking at how Hush Money had been paid to some gale (I want to say Stormy Daniels, but I'm not really sure)

But it brings up the question of IF hush money can be considered an actual CRIMINAL ACT ...

I truly think it DEPENDS on WHO is involved, and WHAT they are trying to hush up ...

An affair?  I think that should be legal
An oil spill? I think that should be illegal

The difference?

One has to deal with two concenting adults .... very much like the Bill Clinton cases (only she was never exposed to classified infor/meetings she didn't have clearance for) ... it's interesting to see how many people flip on this one.

I'm shocked Melania is still with him, actually ... I would have thought she'd have ran with half his estate -- depending on the pre-nump (You KNOW there was a pre-nup!)

The other deals with Public Health and Safety ... if there is a cover up about how a prisoner escaped ... yeah = that should be illegal, but I can't see there being any sort of "hush money" paid out for that ...
But say ... let's take the Love Canal - real case ... a LOT of dangerous chemicals were buried underground, and then a neighborhood was built up around it ...

In fact the Love Canal playground for the elementary school was built right over the main burial/dump area!

There were RUMORS of payout of Hush Money going on  ... UNTIL people started comparing notes ... people started goin "oh that's why my kids shoes always melted" ... etc. but by the time this happened --
Most of the ones taking the hush money were gone ... they left town, they died, whatever happened, they couldn't find them (my understanding, likely I'm wrong)

THAT is a CRIMINAL act!!!

I will be keeping an eye on this trial rather closely ...

Why?

Because it sounds as if there are lawyers ON THE JURY

I'm wondering if they are going to re-try the case in the jury room ... we will see.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets