May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Friday, October 12, 2007

Oh the irony of it all.

Jailer in Mankato pleads guilty for assaulting inmate with Bible:
"The investigating officer said the video showed Sheppard hitting the inmate with a book before grabbing him by the throat and slamming him against a set of steel bars."

Okay I've got to laugh a bit here....hahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa--so let me get this straight.....never mind the fact that the guard grabbed this guy by the throat.....never mind the slamming against the bars.....oh no....he's in trouble for decking him with the Good Book!

It reminds me of a scene in Saved! My nephew brought it up one year during his yearly visit and this one scene stuck in my mind--because I have always found it to be true for the most part with the Bible thumpers I've known--

So went to imdb.com to get the lines correct for you all. Hillary Faye (Mandy Moore) is the Guber-christian, Bible thumper, "all non christians go straight to hell" chick. Mary (Jena Malone) is this gal who is beginning to question not so much her faith as the way those around her are approaching it all...Mary found out her boyfriend is gay and so she had tried to "straighten" him out and got pregnant first time out of the gate; she also ends up dating Hillary Faye's brother who happens to totally spaz on HF.

So the scene takes place at the high school, southern town, public school (if I recall correctly):
Hilary Faye: Mary, turn away from Satan. Jesus, he loves you.
Mary: You don't know the first thing about love.
Hilary Faye: [throws a Bible at Mary] I am FILLED with Christ's love! You are just jealous of my success in the Lord.
Mary: [Mary holds up the Bible] This is not a weapon! You idiot.


You have got to see the movie....it was so funny. At the time I didn't know how to take it because I was kind of struggling with my own faith. I totally forgot, but can totally relate to this scene too (it has nothing to do with the story....but its funny!)
Hilary Faye: [the day after "saving" Cassandra] Hey Cass! How do you feel?
Cassandra: Oh, I'm a whole new girl Hay-Faye.
Hilary Faye: I TOLD YOU! How great is Jesus?
Cassandra: Yeah, um, about that... I've decided to devote my life to Satan instead. Thanks though!


Oh, oh!!! You are in luck! ITs going to be on Television!

Oct. 20 3:30p ET on Oxygen
Oct. 21 1:00a ET on Oxygen

Really you have GOT to see it....its funny as HELL!

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets