May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Monday, December 17, 2007

AWWWKKKKK

Okay so Saturday I checked on line to see if my partner had posted photos to the HSS2 group page but she hadn't...in fact no one had posted for a couple of weeks...no biggie, it happens sometimes that way in groups.

But then yesterday (Sunday) when I tried to check the group--there was nothing! It was like the group had never existed. Even the original HSS1 blog was gone.

I have no idea what happened. It was like someone cast a disapperation spell, or shouted "Cunfunctus". I tried doing a blog search on blogger and it still came up with nothing at all.

Somehow, for some reason, the blogs must have gotten deleted.

I've sent out a couple of emails to the deputy headmistress and one of my house's prefects to see if they know what happened...especially when I went into the blogger discussion group and found that some groups on other blogsites (not blogger that I could tell) had been deleted for having broken links on their pages without warning.

So of course, the first thing I did was take the link to the group blog down (well disabled it until I find out what's happening).
I was wondering if it had something to do with the recent lawsuit against the Harry Potter Lexicon online who was planning on publishing their site in book form. While I couldn't see the point of this it would be cheaper to buy the book than it would be to print up everything yourself from the webpage.

I'm wondering if that single act was enough to make websites run in fear of being sued so perhaps the site was eliminated to avoid c/w issues.

Don't know--I'll post an update if I find out anything.

Well this is going to change the direction of this blog. Now what will I write about? I guess it will become all about Newscommentary.

{sigh}

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets