May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Friday, February 29, 2008

I can't blame him

ABC News: Lucky Soldier Wins $1 Million:
"Now that he's won, Leyde, a 26-year-old member of the Washington National Guard, says he's still going to volunteer to go back to Iraq for a third tour and won't spend any of the money in the meantime."
First, he is looking out for his family really in the long run--should anything happen to him, his winnings would go complete to his next of kin; secondly, I don't know why people are so surprised...$1million doesn't go as far as it used to; thirdly, yes there are soldiers over there that AGREE with the plan....despite what you hear in the media of them all wanting to come home--of course they'd like to be hom, but the majority of them (and all that I know) want to stay there and finish their job so they won't have to go back in 10 yrs.
The sergeant says rents have gone sky high where he and his
parents live in the Mount Spokane area of Washington and
that, for now, he's not going to spend any of the money.

"For right now, I'm going to hold off [spending] and let reality sink back to earth. This is a true blessing. I'm going to turn it around and see if I can bless other people with this," Leyde said.
I bet he was a boy scout too....possibly an Eagle Scout!! What a neat guy! He will have the ladies lining up at his door--and not just for the money....he's so sweet you could just eat him up!

I bet he will use part of the money to buy a home for his parents...or maybe buy a house and let his folks live there.

I like it when nice people win the lottery....let me rephrase that, because most people deep down are nice....caring people win.

We had a lottery winner in our state. She hadn't been 18 for very long and bought the ticket. she won quite a few million....wouldn't have been so bad except she had dropped out of school, didn't get a job, and wasn't contributing to her family (at least that's the story I got)....and it didn't get better after she won. In fact it got worse because she started getting arrested. If I remember correctly most of her money is gone already. that's just sad.

I think people like this guy, probably do best with their windfalls---they try not to let it change their life.

hubby and I have talked about what we'd do if we'd win.
First thing is each kid gets 100,000 in the bank acct for college...only college...no cars...only I don't know what we would do with the one that just isn't college material....then we would pay off the house completely; then my father's house; then his parents house and the extra property they have; then if there was anything left over we would probably help hubby's church which is having issues--just being able to increase our tithing that much would help a whole lot.

but its a pipe dream.

I'm just glad this guy won it.

Now I hope he doesn't disappoint me.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets