May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Sunday, February 17, 2008

I did not know this

FOXNews.com - Children's Book About Same-Sex Penguin Couple Causes Flap in Virginia - Local News News Articles National News US News:
"The 2005 book is called 'And Tango Makes Three.' It draws on the real-life story of Roy and Silo, two chinstrap penguins at the Central Park Zoo in New York."

I did not know this was a true story...

my main objection with the book on first hearing this was that it was falsely based---the same way I dislike the "Carl the dog" books which puts a rotwieler dog in charge of a toddler....there are just enough idiots out there that might think they can get away with leaving a dog in charge.

But if this story is based on facts....and it does not add 'facts'....then I see no problem with the book.

And yes....I do have problems with "Peter Pan" because the Darlings leave Nana, a Newfoundland, in charge of the children on a regular basis as well. Although I do enjoy the story--even with that flaw, well that one and the poisoning scene.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets