May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just Hole You Horses

My Way News - McCain may be zeroing in on a running mate:
"'It's the one subject we've been forbidden to talk about,' said senior adviser Mark Salter. He promised to come to the press area of McCain's plane, 'but I won't tell you anything.' That is, unless it's 'what's wrong with Barack Obama's judgment,' Salter joked. Actually, he wasn't joking."
I know that popular belief is that while your opponent is away or grabbing the headlines you should do something to get it back -- and it looks like in McCain's case everyone thinks he should announce his running mate first.... but I'm not so sure about that.

Why?

Well first if McCain announces now, then the Obama camp will be able to counter with their own counter-vp .... someone who will balance things against McCain no matter who it is. And let's face it, McCain needs either a woman or someone of ethnic desent to have a fighting chance (hopefully not Molnau) or even both (I would love for it to be Condy Rice ... I think she is a good strong figure that people would love to see in an even higher position of power).

If McCain goes with Romney, Huckabee, or any of the others he ran against two things will happen:
1) they will be accussed of being 'two old guys'
2) they will be accused of being hypocrits for the way they went after each other on the champaign trail -- and they did get nasty with one another.

there is also something to be said for waiting and forcing Obama to show his hand.

If McCain could survive all that time as a P.O.W. and not give up any secrets, then I think he can ride out hurricane Obama as well. I'm waiting for, and McCain seems to be missing them too, Barack to mis-step over there.

But I do not think he should be rushed into any sort of decision before the convention. I think he should bide his time. Vet properly, thoroughly, completely and leave no stone unturned.

McCain has enough going against him with out adding someone else's faults to the mix --- I'm still waiting for the BO campaign to bring up his (JM's) foreign birth again, only right now they don't have too...not with the press being as in love with him as they are.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets