May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Friday, August 08, 2008

Irony

I just checked the posts on the hss4 site and my partners site -- how ironic ... she just got back from vacation too.
(Maran, if you're reading this ~~ I happen to love the smell of campfire)
I am busy trying to find a pattern that will look great with Gryffindor scarlet & gold .... its actually quite tough.

I don't want to do just stripes .... that just seems so dull ... but I don't do duplicate stitch very well ... and I haven't tried artesia-in-the-round yet so its a bit daunting. Then there's the question of "does it have to be knitted socks?" I have been wanting to try crocheted socks and I'm a whizz with the crochet hook ... but my partner is working on knitted socks I'm sure.

I love knitting socks -- there's a great feeling of accomplishment everytime you clear one of the dpns and move to the next one ... it feels like you are going warp speed. I have tried socks on 2 circs, but without the constant clearing of the needle it just doesn't feel like I'm getting anywhere.

Forgive me Cat Bohndi, but 2 circs just don't do it for me .... but the patterns in the book are nice - I will have to 'translate' them back to conventional terms/ways though.

Speaking of Cat - I never did post about my order from KnitPicks that came before vacation.... {place Hufflepuff screech here - even though I'm Slytherin}

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets