May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Project: Halloween costume

Okay - so my son is going to be Indiana Jones for Halloween -- although after watching 'The Crystal Skull' I have no idea why, I think they over did the 'formula' like they did the Star Wars saga (when will they learn to leave well enough alone?) ... it wasn't the acting, it wasn't the cinetography, it was definately the forced way the script felt.

Well, back to the costume ... instead of spending $40 on his costume like we did our youngest daughter who wants to go as Wonder Woman (complete with full body long johns to keep her warm) ... I decided that the beauty of Indy was that everything is pretty much everyday stuff.

I got a Stetson hat from scoutstuff.org for $10 on clearance (even picked up one for my college kid - he loves it, thank you). then its a dirty white or tan shirt ... jeans will work ... and for a coat he can borrow one of his dad's (actually I was hoping that my father would still have my big brother's Bomber Jackets from when they were kids ... no luck) that looks okay ... but I don't know about letting him have that whip.

I've got the whip ... hee hee ... but I'm thinking it would be a dangerous thing for him to take with him while going around - it might trail without his knowing going from house to house and trip someone .... nope no whip.

But for his trick-or-treat bag I thought how great to have a messenger bag like Indy has for putting his collection of stuff and tools into! Only my daughters olive colored messenger bag was tossed out I guess.

Well never tell me I can't do it! I'm going to make one instead .... inspired by Kitty's Creations Crochet squares Messenger Bag .... only a few changes will take place.

1. I will use an old towel to line the bag with to keep it from stretching under the weight of the candy

2. I have to figure out a better strap, I think a crocheted one will not only take too long, but it would also stretch under stress.

3. I am using one main color .... and will probably use a different square, she uses a material center with eyelets put into it ... i suppose i could use some of those iron-on patches but that would be kind of expensive i'm sure -- but its an idea. i think a basic granny square would do the best ... maybe done in single crochet instead of doubles or in a solid side instead of the usual 3 dc then a ch space.

we will see ... I will have to jump on it though -- I've only got until Friday to get it all done.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets