May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Health Care Reform bill

I found this stat on tv and thought it was significant to put up.

It is for the Stupak (D-MI) Amendment which permanently prohibits any government funds from being used to pay for abortions ... yeah you read that correctly, he is a Democrat

Party ___Yea _Nay Pres NV
Democrat __64 _103 ++0 __1
Republican _176 __0----1+) 0
Independent
TOTALS ++240 _103 _-1 __1

this makes sense to me -- after all they want to make 'sin taxes' for things like smoking, obesity, drug use, etc ... why shouldn't there be a penalty for an unwanted pregnancy? And as much as I would like to say 'except in the case of incest, rape, or danger to the mother's life' I think the prescript craze in CA for medical-marijuana shows exactly what would happen.

I'm just saying there has to be a way to make sure the system doesn't get abused.

So my question is .... who are the two chicken-shits who didn't really vote? C'mon, take a frickin' stand -- stop 'playing it safe' to save your jobs.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets