May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Review: Star Trek 11, I think

Okay - hubby just got the dvd today ... while the movie was very funny (great jollies) ... but the storyline totally sucked on the whole.

Time travel ... alternate realities ... emotions from Spock ... oh please.

Set up on its own ... without the knowledge of what happened in 1966, 1967, & 1968 ... I guess it wouldn't be so bad ... and I suppose in the reality of things they were in fact aiming this at kids who in all likelihood never saw the Original series or read any of the books, manuals, skimatics, or other goodies they had out there for Trekkies like my generation were.

this whole movie was based on the theory of 'because a bug went ka-choo" .... sigh ... how disappointing.

but it is still a fun movie - when I look at it as a 'spoof' and not a continuation of the actual film series.

I don't sound nerdy .... do I?

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets