May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Stupid Politican Tricks

ok - you know how Letterman has "Stupid Pet Tricks" and I've even heard of "Stupid Human Tricks" too (I think he has that too) .... well I'm starting a "Stupid Politican Tricks" catagory for this page.

Here is the latest ... if you thought trying to find a job NOW was hard, try this one on for size:

Senators Lindsey Grahams (R- SC) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY) have a meeting on Thursday on the Hill to talk about requiring ALL workers in the US to carry work cards/IDs which have a microchip imbedded into them...

and if you don't have one of these cards --- no job ... none ... not even in the most meanial work.... not on farms .... not scrubbing toilets .... nada.

Of course ACLU is up in arms --
"We're not only talking about fingerprinting every American, treating ordinary Americans like criminals in order to work. We're also talking about a card that would quickly spread from work to voting to travel to pretty much every aspect of American life that requires identification"
Chris Calabrese, ACLU Legislative Council - to Wall Street Journal, via Fox News to me.

Now you all know me -- normally I would be all against the ACLU on this one - I think most of them are nuts - but I have to agree with this one.

How often are you asked for your Social Security number these days? On the bottom of your card it says very clearly "this is not to be used as a form of identification' .... but everyone uses it .... from the bank .... to the utility companies .... to your doctor/dentist .... to the DMV ....
it has become a secondary form of ID that was never meant to be that way.

and the chips on this new card? they will carry bio-metric info for each card holder --- fingerprints/scans of hand or retina which will enable agencies to run scans of the employee or potential employee to see their full work record/history. My guess is that it will also be used to access health records.

Graham is trying to argue that it is just a more secure social security card ....

WRONG!!!

this is way different ... but my guess is that it will be used just as much as your soc. sec card is now.

and then there are people like me ....

I don't work....

I am a stay-at-home mom (every wonder why I have time to blog so much?) .... why would I need this card? Would I have to get one anyways? If I don't use the card once I get it, will I be penalized for not being a "productive member" of society?

this is scary .... this is reminding me of the 'working papers' that were needed in Germany before/during WW2.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets