May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One Shawl To Rule Them All - UPDATE

Knit Along Up Date Time!!!

Ok - I am in a knitalong on Ravelry.com ... we are working on two main shawls right now, one crocheted, one knitted -- I started with the knitted so my daughter would have a wrap for prom night.


The pattern is called Haruni (grandmother in elvish) and is a Ravalry exclusive -- I think ... I'm pretty sure.




Chart A, Rows 1 - 39 plus beginning tab



I am using size 8 needles and a sparkly eyelash type of yarn, so the pattern is not showing up well here, but it is making a lovely pinecony-type pattern which shows up well in person.

I have reached the point of placing my first "life line" to not only keep horrid runs from happening if I drop a stitch (knock on wood) ... but to also mark my repeats. The blue marker shows where the first working of row 17/18 is ... the repeats of chart A are row 17-40 complete.

once the shawl is as wide as I think it should be then I will move onto Chart B which is super lacy.

I'm not sure how this yarn (100% nylon) will take to blocking but I will have to give it a try. I'm thinking it might take just a bit of either steam or warm air to set it while its blocked.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets