May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Monday, August 23, 2010

EXCUSE ME???

The Miss Universe pagent is tonight ... and I can't believe the story I've just heard ...

To promote the contest they are showing photos of topless contestants ... well they have body paint on ... but they are topless.

Here's my feeling ....

after the round of controversy that they've been having, I think that the first part of it is to ferret out those girls who have a strong religious background ... those who on moral grounds will refuse to do such photos -- there is no way you would catch me doing them, not even for my own husband.

The theory behind this - from Trump - is that this is a diverse group of girls and some of their cultures have no problems with nudity ... gee imagine that coming from him ... so basically he is saying that he should cater to those countries and screw over those who are more ... um ... repressed (?) ....

it is simple sexual exploitation ....

it is taking programs which were supposed to be 'scholarship' programs and turning them into recruitment tools for Playboy & Penthouse ... and dont' say it doesn't happen ... just look at what has happened over the last few words.

Its things like this - the lowering of the worth of the female body - that is really taking women on a backward slide.

Here's how my mom used to explain it to me ... yeah you can make a lot of money stripping, but could you imagine what it would be like to be a doctor and then have one of your patients say "hey, don't I know you from somewhere?" .... yikes!

When will girls see that this isn't "empowering them" its actually stripping them of their power??

When you take your clothes off, it really gives all the power to men == it really does. it makes it so that the only way a woman can succeed is by having the best looks ...

funny ....

I thought the whole Movement was to make women more than the sum of their parts.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets