May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Monday, February 07, 2011

Super Blow

We do not watch the game at our house for the football ... We do it for the commercials.

That said ... WTF (w for where) was the creativity this year? And the Dorito commercial was just ...GROSS! I saw the one where the guy sniffs the oth guys pants, this morning they showed one where a guy is licking the flavor off the other guys fingers ... I don't care what your point of view is on life - both are just plain disgusting.

I found the commercials so boring that I actually fell asleep during the game ... In all the years that we've done the super bowl thing this is only the second time I've fallen asleep that I can recall - and the first time was because I was up all night with a teething baby.

Nope I was very disappointed.
§ § § § § § § § § § § § § § §
On a different note - sorry for the pun

Christina Aguleria (I'm sure I spelled that wrong, but I'm old cut me some slack) did the National Anthem ... Well kind of ... I was in the kitchen at the time. (whatever happens during the NA?) when I heard what appeared to me to be a sour note ... Hey it's a tough song to sing ... Why they dont use the acceptable alternative I don't know ... But it wasn't the high note that everyone seems to have, it was one of the low notes. She obviously found that she was going too low and tried to correct herself which just sounded ... Weird.

I totally missed the screw up of the words - didn't even know about it today when The View zeroed in on it. They showed clips of the players and the service men who were listening and one kind of looked around like 'oops I sang it wrong?' and a few of the service men hD noticeable grimaces.

So for Ms. Christina - here are the words to the national Anthem of the United States of America:

Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

(BTW, this is just the first verse)
I was half-hoping to find the excuse that she was actually from Canada - like that one old guy was who screwed up ar some baseball game ... Was it the World Series? I don't know - I've only watched it twice because the Twinkies made it in.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets