May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Friday, March 04, 2011

Straight From the Horse's Mouth

Its been a while since someone put their foot in their mouth (at least since I've posted) but I wanted this one on the record:
"As a nation, I look back in history and some of the worst governments we've ever had - you know one of the first things they did? They went after the trade unions.
Hitler didn't want unions.
Stalin didn't want unions.
I'm not comparing what's happening to the workers in Madison or in Columbus to Hitler & Stalin, but I am saying that history teaches us that unions are a very positive force in society that creates a middle class and protects our freedom"
Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio)
US Senate Floor
******
but he is comparing them ... I know everyone says unions 'created' the middle class ... but I don't see it.
The middle class was created when there was a need for a group which worked between the company owners and the workers.  Personally I think that it was always there, it just was (a)not counted, (b)the gap between middleclass & working poor became greater, (c) it became a POLITICAL PAWN.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets