May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Monday, December 12, 2011

Debate highlights

Dang! I missed another one! And what I've seen of the clips it was a pretty funny one:

Bachman: ... Newt-Romney were FOR obama care principals - if you look at Newt Romney they were for cap & trade - if you look at Newt Romney they were for the illegal immigration problem - and if you look at Newt Romney they for the $700 billion bailout
~~~
Romney: ... The real difference I believe are our backgrounds - I spent my life in the private sector, I understand how the economy works, and I believe that for Americans to say goodbye to president Obama and elect a republican they need to have confidence that the person they are electing knows how to make this economy work again and create jobs for the American middle class
~~~~
Gingrich: ... He did 4 allegations, do I get 4 responses?

Stephanapolis: take your time

Gingrich: ok ... let's start with the last one - let's be candid, the only reason you didn't become a career politician is because you lost to Teddy Kennedy in 1994 ...
Romney: now wait a second, wait a second, with regards to the idea that if I had beaten Ted Kennedy I could have been a career politician - that's probably true, if I'd have been able to get into the NFL like I had hoped when I was a kid I'd have been a football star all my life too

~~~~
Gingrich: as speaker of the House I worked with Bill Clinton and following a very similar plan and we ended up with about 11 million new jobs in a 4 year period - went down to 4.2% unemployment
~~~~~
Romney: well having spent my life in the private sector, I understand where jobs are created - they're not created in government, they're not created in Washington ...
~~~~~
MAJOR Faux Pas of the evening: Romney bets Perry

Romney: ... you know what? You've raised that before Rick and, um, you've ...

Perry: - and it was true then - and it's true now ...

Romney: ... Rick, tell you what - $10,000? $10,000 bet?

Perry: I'm not in the betting business ...

Romney: oh okay
•-•-•-•
average income in Iowa where he debate took place? $40,000/yr! Majority of workers are either union or farmers - so they know the money is super hard to come by

(Romney commented this morning saying his wife told him it was a bad thing to do)
=========
|õōøœóòöôo|

========

There is supposed to be one last one this Thursday - I'm hoping to be able to catch this one

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets