May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Reality Check

Ok I have to speak of this ...

A new Canadian study claims that "spanking" children leads to:
emotional problems
aggression
Anxiety
Antisocial behavior
Lower IQ
depression
abusive relationships
domestic abuse
Drug abuse
Juvenile delinquency

REALLY?

I think some one is doing some correlating of unrelated stuff again ...

HOLY CRAP --

First - there is a huge difference between a spanking and a beating ...

Studies have shown that children who grow up in an abusive home ARE more likely to live in one as an adults ... the child who is the same gender as the abuser tend to also be the abuser in their homes.

HOWEVER - a spanking is not a beating ...

I'm beating that they took a bunch of people and asked where you spanked? And then those who said yes they asked hear other questions ...

It would be interesting to see if they also did this for those who would have answered no to the spanking issue as well.

The problem is -- all the information I have on the study is coming filtered through news agencies and I'm sure that the information that they are getting has been filtered as well

I'm gonna keep am eye in this one ...

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets