May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Friday, April 20, 2012

Economic Education

Food Stamp Program Facts

2011: 45 million received them

UP 70% from 2007

Cost of program UP $72 billion

UP $30 billion from 4 years ago

Under other presidents
Bush41 (1990,recession) 27 million on program

Ford (mid70s) 18.5 million

Carter (1980) 21 million

----
I know that in our state there are
people earning $41,000 who are qualifying for financial help -- no I don't know how many dependents or if these people lost their jobs during that time, nor do I know if this help was unemployment or a "welfare" program ...

It was a stat that was thrown out by a radio host during a morning talk show ... Take it for what it's worth

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets