May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Numerology Class

And a bit of history class too:

Past Presidential race
1980
39% Jimmy Carter
32% Ronald Reagan
Gallop Poll
June 1980

1992
39% Ross Perot
31% George HW Bush (Sr.)
25% Bill Clinton
Gallop Poll
June 1992

2008
46% John McCain
45% Barack Obama
Gallop Poll
June 2008

2012
46% Barack Obama
45% Mitt Romney
Gallop Poll
June 3, 2012
MOE +/- 1%


Wow that's a low margin of error -- that makes me suspect there's issues with the sample - it would have to be huge or it would have to be very small to have an error rate so low ...

I think it will come down to whoever Romney chooses for his running mate at this point

Interesting fact:
In the 1960 Presidential race the official candidates were Nixon & Kennedy ... However 15 electoral votes went to a write-in candidate who had not even planned to run - it was just a "grassroots" sort of thing ...
Harry S Byrd (yup, brother of Adm Byrd) took ALL of Mississippi, most of Alabama, and one from Oklahoma!

I bet you didn't even know he existed!
I know I didn't - no one ever talks about him, that's a HUGE amount of electorals for a guy who never even showed up in any polling data that I've found

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets