May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Tuesday, April 09, 2024

SENTENCE IS IN: 10 YEARthe faS

Wow - I cannot believe how many times I have written and re-writen this ... I didn't realize how touched I am from this story ... but I will try to keep it on point.

The PARENTS of the SHOOTER of 4 STUDENTS - classmates - in Michigan ... have EACH been given a sentence of 
10 to 15 years
And I'm sure the parents of the VICTIMS are feeling .... ITS NOT ENOUGH ...

And they are correct ... they lost heir children, and for many of them, this was their ONLY child.

Losing a child is a horrid thing -- my mother nearly lost her mind when my brother drowned at 20 years old ... She had to be meicated to make it through the funeral, and for quite a while after that ...
When my nephew was born, and they named the baby after him ... my mom lost it again.  But it helped to begin the healing.

The shooter had a separate trial ... he got LIFE in prison ... makes sense to me.
He was of an age where he should have known better, he knew the consequences of his actions.

But - until THIS CASE, we haven't seen PARENTS of a shooter go on trial, much less being sentenced, for the crime their child commited ...
I'm wondering if, perhaps, this was an OVER REACH by the courts ...
We will have to see ...

You know this isn't over yet.

Likely, this will go all the way to he Supreme Court ... and its a sticky situation.

I do believe these two are guilty of CHILD NEGLECT by not taking him to get evaluated ...
but then the SCHOOL COUNSELOR should also be held accountable for not telling them to TAKE  the child IMMEDIATELY from the meeting to get EVALUATED for mental illness.

After all, there were clear signs -- which the counselor brought up in the meeting -- especially a drawing of a body on the floor and notes he had written on papers he handed into teachers -- which CLEARLY showed he was having an issue.
And while a parent might dismiss them as "a phase" or "its part of a song" or "he's just fooling around" ... the COUNSELOR must have had the EDUCATIONAL TRAINING to spot these issues ...

Maybe its yet to come ...

I just hope, they don't get a promotion ... like the gal who covered for me when I went on maternity leave for my oldest daughter .... she allowed the kids to run around during lunch, and one of the 3 year olds choked on her hot dog to the point where the Hiemlich maneuver had to be used to dislodge it ... she got promoted, when her actions/inactions were what allowed it to happen in the first place!!
Yeah, I'm still really upset by that ... 
=================
UPDATE:
When will I learn to watch a sory completely before typing up a post?
Later in the story a reporter mentioned a couple items which definately turn this into the PROPER sentence ... and I could see a few other charges coming as well concerning how THEY treated their CHILD ... but let's get to the facts I just became aware of ...

THREE WEEKS before the shooting, the SHOOTER had texted to a friend the following:'
        "I actually asked my dad to take (me) to the Doctor yesterday but he just gave me some pills and told me to 'suck it up' "
My question - why kind of pills were they?  Who's pills were they? I understood that the shooter had never been seen by anyone for his problems ...
Also, 
        "Like its at the point where I am asking to go to (sic) the doctor.  My mom laughed when I told her."

Yeah .... they KNEW there were some issues there.

I was under the impression that it was a rifle which he had used -- but it is said he took it to school in his BACKPACK ... so it had to have been a HANDGUN ... 
There was also testimony during one of the impact statements that the mom of the SHOOTER had texted him either before or after the shooting saying  "Don't do it"

Yeah .... these two are guilty ... without a doubt.
It kind of makes you feel a little sorry for the shooter, actually - he tried to get help from his parents and BOTH ignored him, or worse, made fun of him ...

Parents -- listen to your kids ... not just what they are saying, but also to what they AREN'T saying ...

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets