May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Product Review--Coffee Mate:Pumpkin Spice

Okay I'm late on this....how late? well the container of Coffee Mate is gone.

How do you like your coffee? I like mine blonde, hot, and sweet--no wait that's men....no, that's my coffee---and when it comes to creamers I have found that the Member's Mark brand that I get from Sam's Club beats the Coffee Mate powder without a doubt...so when Sam's club offered the liquid Coffee Mate in a duo pack I was a tad skeptical.

The creamer comes in a duo pack-one of French Vanilla, one of Pumpkin Spice.

Well I had the French Vanilla powder before so I had some idea what too expect--too much vanilla and way too much hidden sweetener**note later** So I decided to start with the Pumpkin Spice.

I began with a standard coffee cup (not the 18oz cup I usually use) just in case I didn't like it. I used one sugar cube for sweetness and 1 Tbsp (using a measureing spoon) of creamer per cup.

It was surprisingly delicious. You would think the combination of pumpkin spice, cinnamon, cream & coffee would be horrid but it was quite pleassnt.

It reminded me of the International Instant Coffees my mother used to buy me in high school. Or like a Snickerdoodle cookie in a cup.

Being that I don't drink a lot of flavored coffees I decided to consult my local coffee-house expert....oh okay, I had my teenaged daughter try it too.....she loves going to Caribou and dislikes the brews at Starbuck's--in fact she calls them over priced, froo-froo drinks there.

She loved it! She liked the creamy texture and the way it exploded up from the bottom of the cup--she likes to add the creamer after the coffee is poured, I like to have it in there before hand--she even switched over to one of the clear glass cups to observe the explosion when it hit the bottom.

Hey, coffee & science in one great moment--I can live with that.

She did say that she could feel almost a powderiness to the cinnamon, but I couldn't feel it at all. I did note what seemed like a very slight coconut undertone to the creamer.

all in all I would give it an 8 out of 10 for taste, and a 3 out of 10 for price (I will need to find the reciept but it wasn't cheap)

Now that note** I have found the flavored Coffee Mates are over flavored so what I do is get the giant container of generic (in this case Member's Mark) non-dairy creamer powder and mix to it one of the regular containers of the flavored powdered Coffee-Mates. Put it back in the container (remember you now have more than you did before so you will need a container that is bigger than both the generic & namebrand combined)...now put it in your cupboard for a couple of hours, maybe even overnight and you will find that ALL the powder is now flavored the way you like it. Viola! You now have 3-5 times the amount of flavored mix at only the fraction of the cost.

Also--like those mocha drinks? buy cocoa powder w/o the marshmellows...now mix it with an equal amount of non-dairy powder and use your coffee instead of water to make it....ummmm, frothy!

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets