May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Stash Alert!!

Okay but this has nothint--well very little--to do with yarn. My second addiction is jewelry supplies...and my "crack dealer" is Fire Mountain Gems online.

They are the best! Many of the really cute boxes and perfume boxes that you see in catalogs that you find on other sites first come from Fire Mountain and then get a huge mark up because the company that bought it put $2 worth of cording on it, or flocked the inside of the box, or I've seen some where they have done nothing at all to it--but the box that cost $5 at FM jumped up to $30 on the other site "just because that's what they charged for it".

They are very upfront with the quality of their gems--and we are talking great gems here, even their lower grade gems are beautiful....only once was I ever disappointed and that was because I didn't realize the wide range of color that amethyst comes in (it was almost pink instead of purple), but if I had simply done a tad more checking I would have realized this was the case.

So any how I found that some of my beading supplies had gone AWOL (my daughter borrowed my jewelry stuff to make presents for friends) so I had to order more things. *update 1/15/08...some of it has now shown up*

My order was placed online on 11/24/07 (Saturday night), I paid for Best Ground-regular shipping, and it was on my doorstep on 11/30/07----WOW. That is really impressive for regular shipping.


I decided this time to try a "new" brand for bugle & seed beads. Of course I ordered some of the old stand bys as well just to be safe (pardon the photos....I used our servalance camera to take them)


I have heard of Delica and Dyna-Mites before but I had not heard of Ming Tree...so I just had to give them a try....I also got a no-name hank of blue bagles...it came with 12 strands of 73 beads each=876 beads....1.3oz/37 grams.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets