May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Squeeeeeeee!!!!

I am so happy! I was in tears yesterday--literally! Hubby couldn't believe that I was bawling like a baby over a sock.

The first sock I did from the top down so the only thing I had to do was a three needle bind off at the end....love the 3 needle bind off....but I have the small tag of yarn at the top of the sock to take care of yet.

The second sock I decided to do it from toe up....I hadn't done a toe-up before so I wanted a challenge--WHY???? Actually I like the toe up sock a lot---since the biggest down fall for me are cuffs (to much messing with keeping the cast on straight and then trying to work those spider-legs without much to keep them stable)....so the toe up sock gives the needles enough stability to make doing the cuffs much more statisfying--love them, the toe ups!

But when I got all the way to the end---my cast off was way too tight! I couldn't even get it over my heel (my partner and I have simular sized feet) so I know there was no way it would fit her...the other sock went on fine.

Boy did the tears of fustration fly! Funny part (?) is that while I was doing the bindoff I thought "watch it won't be stretchy enough"...pshhh....should have kept the negativity out of it....it is actually a good thing I tried it on--I was going to just wash them up and send them out since I was so excited about getting them done and I am so far behind schedule.

Oh my poor partner! I hope she likes the things I have put together for her package....I still haven't opened the one she sent me--won't do it until after I get her's into the mail---it only seems fair.

Yes they are done! Now I just have to do one more thing to the top---but its a surprise and I know it will have the elasticity to make it work...heeeheeeheee.

I must remember to send extra yarn with the socks in case she needs to do any darning months from now.

I love these socks though--it will be hard to give them up!

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets