May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Yippee!! I finally got to open it up!


Okay so I finally got to open the package sent by my partner Cliodna Kettleburn....all I can say is...WOW.


Minimum req for the package was a pair of socks, a set of sock needles, and stitch markers--boy did she go above and beyond!

So what all did she send? 1 pair of fantastic socks! They are thick enough so they will keep my tootsies warm even in this brick refridgerator I live in....2 sets of Brittany sock needles, size 1, so I can do both socks at the same time--what a concept! Some heart shaped stitch markers that will be perfect for using on the smaller needles (they didn't photo well...they are on the needle that is stretched between the S & G pads)....oh, some post-it type notes shaped like a G (for Ginger) and an S (for Slytherin)....A bar of handmade soap in Ylang-ylang scent...a chinese bookmark....a chocolate frog--nope haven't eaten it yet.....and a box of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans (okay I looked at the flavors--these I will be sure to share with the kids, after everyone gets over the crud). Did I forget anything?
Despite the problems this was really really fun! Her stitching is wonderful--I can't believe she has only been knitting since Feb! WOW....I really hunkered down and started getting serius about this last summer and her stitches are so much better than mine--I'm almost embarrassed now.
Hope they have a third exchange....this time I will have to start with things ahead of time--use the toe up pattern where I can handle the cuffs better, especially now that I know how to bind them off!

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets