May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Saturday, July 12, 2008

In Memorium

kstp.com - Cancer claims ex-Bush press secretary Tony Snow:
"Snow died at 2 a.m. at Georgetown University Hospital, according to former employer Fox News.
Snow, who served as the first host of the television news program 'Fox News Sunday' from 1996 to 2003, would later say that in the Bush administration he was enjoying 'the most exciting, intellectually aerobic job I'm ever going to have.'"
This is very sad -- I lost my mother to colon cancer in 2004 just after the elections ... my deeepest sympathies go out to the family.

I thought he had this licked, but you could just see by the time he left that his health was not doing well.

I am really glad that I was able to download the podcasts of his newsconferences before he left -- he was a great press secetary ... I do not recall him on Fox News Sunday specifically, but I do recall seeing him report the news ... he was an anchor you could trust like Brochaw, Brinkley, or Cronkite.

I enjoyed hearing the news from him. I stopped by Wikipedia to see what else he had done -- I tend not to listen to Rush anymore so I never heard him fill in as guest host ... we didn't get foxradio until recently that I'm aware of so I never heard his program on there either ... I don't watch CNN unless I am following a breaking story and Fox/MsNBC go to break, so I never saw him there.

They say he was quite the musician having been able to play 6 different instruments -- amazingly one of them is the accordian! Not too many people know how to play that one anymore - and they are very expensive to repair if you can find someone willing to handle them (my dad has been trying to get his fixed for years now).

The news world is a sadder place today ... but a better one ... for having a guy like Tony Snow in it - who was straight forward and trustworthy.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets