May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Monday, July 14, 2008

Nothing Personal

The dragons awaken - TwinCities.com:
"The fierce faces of Chinese dragon boats filled St. Paul's Lake Phalen on Sunday with 27 crews of 20 each racing in their exotic vessels, part of the weekend's Dragon Festival at Phalen Park on the city's East Side."
You know -- I would love to have seen just one Norse dragon ship (Drakkar) show up ... and kick ass, thank you.

I know, I know -- the whole point was to celebrate Asian-American heritage ... but people rarely realize just how many different cultures use the dragon as a major symbol ... not just the asians, and not just the Norse & Anglo-Saxons.

In fact most cultures have a dragon-like creature in their mythology.

And I would think that an event called "Dragon Festival" would include them in as well .... well they didn't.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets