May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Election 2008

Well its finally done ... at least nationally - we will have an automatic run-off in our state for our senate seat.

My Way News - Obama wins, first black to gain presidency:
"Barack Obama was elected the nation's first black president Tuesday night in a historic triumph that overcame racial barriers as old as America itself."
I will give him that he had a very nice acceptance speech that was very gracious to McCain ... but I had to wonder how well he would have done had McCain broken his promise on campaing finances the way Obama did.

Oh well ... I may not like the man, but I WILL respect the office of the President-elect. It will be hard to swallow ... and I'm a little fearful of how he will do - I can see a new Depression on the horizon - and who he will appoint to his cabinet (can you say 'ed dept head Ayers'?)

but we will see .... i have a feeling we will be seeing a lot more blurring of the lines between the branches of government, and a loss of checks and balances. but I will give it a fair try first ... as long as they stay out of our pocketbooks.

We will see how the stock market reacts tomorrow on the news -- i expect a fall.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets