May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Saturday, November 01, 2008

HOLY COW!!!

So I have been trying to find out what size "Bucilla AA" yarn was - it was sold in WW2 and is called for in a hat pattern I would like to make, but alas, the yarn is not produced any longer.

But I found this site which lists old yarns (no the yarn I'm lookin for isnt listed)

Discontinued Yarns:
"Columbia
Nomis
Tioga
1929 Fleisher Yarn Color Chart
Minerva
Columbia-Minerva"
but what IS listed is a bunch of yarn that I inherited from my mother -- dad says he has even more yarn waiting for me too. Especially the Minerva's ... I know I had some of that in her stash.

I have been working hard ... okay semi-hard ... to get my current stash logged onto my Ravelry site so get it a bit more undercontrol (so I don't have to have the HUGE list on the side of this blog) - but now I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to find the info for the yarn that I got from her.

Dad gave me at least 2 huge black garbage bags full (the kind you use for gathering leaves or garbage in the park) ...

she may have left a Gold Mine here -- okay a Fool's Gold mine

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets