May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I thought there were already several?

First gay superhero - it is oooh-perman The Sun Home Scotland:
"SPIDER-MAN creator Stan Lee is to unveil the world’s first gay superhero. High school basketball star Thom Creed hides his developing superpowers along with his sexuality."
Well, I always thought Aquaman was gay? And there have been several people who have questioned the whole Batman/Robin thing - especially when there was a falling out between the first Robin & Batman when he was 'replaced' by a younger version once he reached adulthood.

Actually the thing that raised my eyebrows was the describtion of the kid, Thom Creed, having to hide his sexuality ....

from what my kids tell me, there really isn't that pressure in schools anymore. That gay students are much more likely to be open about their sexuality than ever before -- the only ones who stay 'in the shadows' are the ones who fall under the category of transexual, or is it transgender? But just because you are gay doesn't mean you are the other ....

So unless this new superhero likes wearing his ma's high heels, I don't think he would 'hide' anything. Unless he's in some backwoods school someplace .... or maybe our schools are just a lot more enlightened than others -- I don't know.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets