May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Things We Learn From Our Kids

Okay - a new feature .... mostly because I needed something for the weekend, but also because my kids are smarter than most adults I talk too .... or maybe I shouldn't say 'smarter' maybe just 'wiser'?

But today is pure knowledge related:

I/O switches ... you know those ones on most devices these days??

Before I took computer classes I thought they were the first letter of some foriegn language that meant 'On' & "Off" .... after I took computer classes I thought it was Binary Code --- O was unused or 'off' an 1 was used or 'on'.

Well my 12 yr old has a facination with robots and is looking at a bunch of books on how to make robots -- we have a crawl space between storage rooms and he wants to make a survelliance robot to go in first (we need to check for squirrel nests) with a camera -- well he thought that everyone understond what I/O was for ...

Here's the secret:

O = Off (duh)
I = Ignition

Sad part is .... my first major in college was Aerospace Engineering & Mechanics .... you would have thought 'ignition' would have occurred to me.

I feel so dumb this morning.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets