May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Friday, March 27, 2009

Phantom Tollbooth

So this week TCM had an evening of cartoons that all had the director in common (sorry off hand can't remember his name) .... did a bunch of bugs bunnies & marvin the martian & pepe le pew (I remember, its Chuck Jones) ....

Anyhow, I had always heard of but had never seen "The Phantom Toll Booth" so I was quite excited when I saw they were going to be showing it -- so I set the DVR to grab it .... and grab it it did ....

I didn't get to watch it until today -- and all I could think of was 'what a rip off' .... not that its a bad movie (it is done in that horrid late 60's style) but because I'm looking at it going -

Hey that looks like Max the dog from "Grinch Who Stole Christmas" -- hey it IS him, just fatter and bigger

Hey that kind of looks like the Grinch -- it IS him, just a different color and the weight shifted around a bit.

(sigh) I'm just glad I didn't see it as a kid .... I would have been so disappointed.

It was little more than a re-do of characters of Dr. Suess movies -- even the background had a very suesseque feel to it. Although the story line had that seussy feel --- could it be that this is based on a Suess tale that I didn't know of?

Could be.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets