May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

happy Valentine's day to everyone .... hope your day is going well ...

I am nursing a sore hip which I got during the night from, I'm assuming, walking - or rather trying not to walk - on a bum heel which showed up Friday night from Lord knows where .... then to top it off, while trying not to hurt the hip while putting away groceries I twisted the knee of the other leg .. I'm feeling so old today.

I am making a chuck roast with potatoes, celery, & carrots (and of course onions) for dinner and the house smells wonderful ... its making my stomach rumble already - but since its in the crock pot, it has at least 3 more hours to cook! It is making me wish I had some red cabbage to put into it too know - even green cabbage would be great but I'd love it.

My 18yr old surprised me today and said she wished I had some red cabbage too! How often do you hear a kid ask for cabbage that isn't slang for money???

Got hubby a book for Valentine's day that has a built-in stereoscope of images of our state ... very interesting - but my eyes don't work that way since I had the eye-operation, don't know if its the bifocals or the operation itself, but my eyes don't work with 3-D anything (not the clear glasses or the colored ones) ... I hope it works for him. If nothing else, they are very cool photographs to look at.

kids of course got their boxes of chocolates - last years boxes only had 4 pcs so I'm hoping the ones hubby picked up this year have a few more .... but then I don't want them completely hyped out either.

I was going to make some pound cakes for today ... but I will probably put it off until tomorrow since I will be making at least one quiche for Boy Scouts tomorrow - its the quarterly Court of Honor and the theme is Breakfast for Dinner, so hubby wants me to make a ham/cheese quiche ... so while the oven is going, might as well do the cake too.

now if only I could remember how to make a quiche ....

JOKING

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets