May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Friday, February 05, 2010

Things that make you go "HMMM"

This blows me away - and it really makes me sad, because I have a feeling that the story behind this is a lot sadder than they are letting on.

An 11 year old girl has given birth to a 5-lb baby girl .... yeah you read that right. she would have been just 10 yrs old when she got pregnant ... they say she had a 'boy friend' who got her pregnant.

Apparently they had a story I missed last week of a 9 year old in China who gave birth as well -- WHAT???

OMGs - my own daughter is this age ... I can NOT imagine her birthing a baby ... I have an 18yr daughter and I can't imagine her being able to have a baby .... a 10 yr old is simply NOT able to care for this child - but by the sounds of things she is going to have a strong family support system behind her.

geez -- is this evolution or a throw-back?

I mean when you think about it purely scientifically - this is an onset of nearly 4 yr earlier than just two generations ago ... I've heard of some 14 yr olds getting pregnant but never a 10 yr old.
So is this an indication that human bodies are changing to reflect evolution, or even just a indication of good nutrition/health care?

Or is it a throw back to those times when people didn't live as long so reproduction had to take place at a younger age to perpetuate the species?

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets