May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Monday, December 13, 2010

Top 10 Quotes of 2010

I don't really believe these since it seems like most are just from the last few months of 2010 ... but here is the list that has been circulating (from the Yale librarian)

  1. I'm not a witch - Christine O'Donnell, CT candidate Senate (Oct 4)
  2. I'd like my life back - Tony Hayward, BP VP (May 30)
  3. If you touch my junk, I'm gonna have you arrested - airline passenger to TSA worker (Nov 24)
  4. Don't retreat, instead Reload - Sarah Palin, tweet (Mar 23) ... never heard this one
  5. Ch! Ch! Ch! Le! Le! Le! - crowds at miner rescue in Chile (Oct 13), their version of "usa, usa, usa"
  6. I hope that's not where we're going, but you know, if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies. They're saying: My goodness, what can we do to turn this country around? - Sharon Angle (Nov 2)
  7. We have to pass the bill in order to know what's in it - Nancy Pelosi, on Health Care bill (Mar 9)
  8. I'm going to take my talents to South Beach - Labron James, some basketball star, I think (Jul 8)
  9. You're telling me the Seperation of Church & State is in the First Amendment? - Christine O'Donnell (Oct 19)
  10. They should never have put me with that woman. ... She was just a sort of bigoted woman who said she used to be Labour (sic) - Tony Blair, fmr PM Britain (Apr 28)
First, to me a 'quote of the year' should be something short that has become a catch phrase ... like "I am not a crook" ... "Whatzzzzup" ... "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" ... "depends on what your definition of 'is' is" ... you know ... like that.

This eliminates Angle & Blair's quotes - they are too long to fit on a t-shirt.

Second, the Chilean minor rescue quote is no more quotable than 'usa, usa, usa' ... its a sign of patriotism, not a quote -- sorry.

Third, I just want to make this plain - the First Amendment quote ... she was technically correct.  The First Amendment states that the government should not ESTABLISH a religion or prevent someone from PRACTICING their own religion ... it says nothing about 'seperation of church & state' to mean keeping religion out of schools ... and technically an education is guarentteed under the Constitution either.

Lastly, I think the 'Reload" quote should have been number one -- I'm sorry ... that's damned funny!  I had never heard the quote before, but that is just so hilarious ... its short, to the point, witty, and multi-functional ... reload could also refer to computers, video games, music, etc. even if it isn't what she meant.

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets