May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Where's the Beef?

I've steered clear of this all week but since the comics on tv are making fun of it I'll jump in ....

Taco Bell -- tastes great, but don't confuse taste with food here.

They are being sold because their 'seasoned beef' is ... well not 100% beef.  I don't see where it ever claims to BE 100% beef -- just seasoned beef.  Hell, 100% beef isn't exactly 100% beef either.

here's what their "seasoned beef" has in it:
water
oats
soy
anti-dusting agent
yeast extract
corn starch
sodium

Jay Leno says its a hotdog.  Sounds more to me like meatloaf that's been crumbled up -- to me 88% still qualifies as beef.

You know - if they want to jump on anything I've got something that really needs attention.

FISH

Products are supposed to list the top 5 allergins if they are in their product - fish is one of them ...

BUT if a product uses WORSTERSHIRE SAUCE they do not have to declare fish on the package ...

but anyone with a fish allergy knows Worstershire Sauce is made from FERMENTED ANCHOVIES which is FISH!!!!!!

How can they get away with this???

This is where the class action lawsuit needs to be .... luckily I have not suffered a high allergy reaction to it ... but one of these days I'm gonna be in big trouble!

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets