May the Gargoyle Be With You - Follow my blog on your site or Google reader

Monday, February 02, 2015

Things That Make You Go HMMMM .....


Just heard a news story about a Court in ALABAMA which had to be closed & vacated while animal control & pest control was called out ...

The problem?

Delflatermus!!!

Not sure I spelled that correctly though, so I'll translate to English ...

The Bat!

Actually that's an nderstatement ...

I guess it was a ... Flock? ... Nest? ... Not a herd, I'm pretty sure ... Definitely not a Murder, that's Crows ... Of Bats!

Like 40 - 50 of them, flying around.

I think this is interesting ...

We try to keep bats around up here in MN -- they eat mosquitoes & other flying/biting night bugs ...

We make little houses for them and put them on the sides of our trees and garages so they will be close by so we can enjoy the outdoors during the summer ...

They only seem to move in when the weather is going to get colder ...

They do have fleas & ticks ...

They stink really bad ...

And they will make your big brothers scream like little girls when one gets into your house ... I have a few memories of these little buggers from my childhood, and a couple of stories shared by my mother about my brothers ... We were very lucky no one ever got bit.

Actually bats try to avoid people -- even the Vampire bat, which does feed on blood, tends to attack cattle & other slower moving beasts instead of people ... Nope - no Count Draculas ... Sorry.

...

Now, knowing that -- in general -- bats only eat bugs & things that tend to annoy people, it makes you wonder what would be in the court house they'd be after ...

After all, usually rodents are pretty territorial ... Bats are basically rodents, lawyers are basically rodents ... LOL -- JOKE JOKE!

That would only leave  the perps ...

Ahhhhhhhhh ...

 I think I found the INSECTS!

No comments:

USGS Earthquake Monitor

Buttons, Buttons, We've Got Buttons!

The Current State of the US Stock Market
Visit The Greenhouse The WeatherPixie
Click here to join MonthlyDishcloths Click to join MonthlyDishcloths
Subscribe to cheysuli
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

I'm gingergargoyle

gingergargoyle

This is the 3D me. Make your own, and we both get Coinz!

Traffic Cam Widgets